A new message service

A few weeks ago I created my own message service for people who want to receive messages about new products, updates and discounts. Up to then, I both had a Subscribe-O-Matic group and a Second Life group.
The Second Life group proved not to be very popular, because there's a limit to the number of groups to which you can subscribe (42 groups). The Subscribe-O-Matic group did not have this setback, but the only way people could subscribe was by touching one of the panels on my sim. I could not invite people by menu or by sending them a URL or an object, and most people didn't notice the panels.

For those reasons I now have my own protected database. A couple of scripts allow me to invite all visitors to my sim to subscribe: clicking "Yes" (or "No") is all they need to do. I have also added a similar script to the boxed Marketplace items, so that people who get an item there also get the opportunity to subscribe. People who have already subscribed, don't get the menu at all.

Do you want to unsubscribe? Just touch the panel on my sim (see picture above) and your name will be removed from the list.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New release: the Summer mirror box (cubic and rectangular)

NEW Solid Sky Landscapes: sim-wide solid mesh merging into a surrounding, off-sim sculpted landscape

Introducing: The Mirror Box